Title: Financial Manager
Salary: R40 000 – R50 000 pm
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Duties and Job description:
1. Essential functions and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Manage financial function with primary focus on statutory and technical aspects of accounting and financial management for the company
• Managing Premium Finance function and department;
• Weekly consultations with management regarding finance;
• manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed parameters and discussing such with respective HODs
• Review monthly financial reports and reconciliations;
• Manage age analysis process per account;
• Assist in compliance and operational decisions and discussions;
• Review & Preparation of monthly technical financial reports;
• Manage petty cash
• Preparation of statutory returns - FSB, Reserve Bank & SARS;
• Liaise with service providers and involvement of contractual negotiations;
• Develop budget strategies and creating spreadsheets to provide ad hoc costing/information on company budgets per account;
• Responsible for setting up budgets per account,
• Preparation of annual budget and forecasts;
• Review and Approval of Payments;
• Complying with tax requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions and opportunities to legally minimize tax liabilities; calculating estimated tax payments; assembling data for tax filings.
• Preparation of Financial Statements;
• Preparation of quarterly reporting packs;
• Review and Approval of Monthly Journals;
• Responding to financial inquiries and supports divisional executive management by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data and implementing required actions.
• Providing financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing and implementing recommendations, specifically including cost efficiency opportunities.
• Preparing special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing monthly forecasts; forecasting and analyzing Group cash flows.
• Providing leadership in the finance department, including direct supervision of the OrnicoGroup finance team members.
• Updating job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices within the ICT industry; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
2. The knowledge and skill required for the position include:
• Reviewing and accounting for financial processes.
• Preparation of financial management reports.
• Financial modelling, feasibility studies and cost accounting.
• Clear understanding of Tax matters
• Must be a tax practitioner with SARS
• Must be a commissioner of oaths
• Risk and assurance management and any ad hoc financial projects.
• Reconciliation and reporting of materials balances.
• Cash management strategies, supervising balance sheets, income statements, and the costs and revenue models.
• Excellent interpersonal, selling and presentation skills
• Problem Solving and analytical
• Policy, product and systems knowledge
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Highly Computer literate
• Be an industry and competitor expert
• Leadership and management skills